Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Truly Holy Place

I originally had a different idea for my first "real"post, but I knew a friend of mine would comment of the negative outlook of that post, so I decided to save that one for a different time.
BH, I have the privilege and zchus to be in Israel and on my first afternoon, I went to the kotel to daven mincha. Everyone knows that the kotel is considered by all to be the holiest place on earth. Looking around yesterday I had a personal perspective on that fact.
One listens to the news and hears about fights between two factions of satmar, two factions of bobov, and the list goes on and on (get an idea of what my original thought was for my first post?). Wherever you look, unfortunately you see two jews not getting along, let alone with others.
The most amazing thing struck me while davening at the kotel. It is UNIVERSALLY accepted. Whether it's Chassidim, no matter what color or style their bekesha or shtraimel is, Misnagdim, no matter which yeshiva or hat color, frum or not, jewish or not, EVERYONE (except for possibly the hindus and buddhists, but even they come to see it, as I witnessed yesterday) accepts the Kotel as the world's holiest place. Granted the moslems look at the other side of the wall, but the feeling is still there.
To achieve that kind of universal acceptance can only be divine and in my mind solidifies it as a truly holy place.

2 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

I myself am new to the blogging community but still take this opportunity to welcome you.... Prayer is a universal language... how lucky you are to be in Yerushalayim now! Great start on your blog... I am looking foward to more :-)

November 05, 2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 05, 2005 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home