Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Lion King Quotes

I'm too tired and snowy to think this week, so I decided to post some of my favorite quotes, from one of my favorite movies, The Lion King. Feel free to add your favorite quotes as well:

[Woken by Simba] Sarabi: Your son is awake. Mufasa: Before sunrise he's YOUR son.

Young Simba: Hey, Uncle Scar. Guess what? Scar: I despise guessing games. Young Simba: I'm going to be King of Pride Rock. Scar: Oh Goodee. Young Simba: My dad just showed me the whole kingdom. And I'm gonna rule it all. Heheh. Scar: Yes, well forgive me for not leaping for joy. Bad back, you know. Young Simba: Hey Uncle Scar, when I'm King, what'll that make you? Scar: A monkey's uncle. Young Simba: You're so weird. Scar: You have no idea.

Zazu: Checking in with the morning report. Mufasa: Fire away. Zazu: Well the buzz from the bees is that the leopards are in a bit of a spot. And the baboons are going ape over this. Of course, the giraffes are acting like they're above it all... The tick birds are pecking on the elephants. I told the elephants to forget it, but they can't. The cheetahs are hard up, but I always say, cheetahs never prosper...

Shenzi: Look, boys! A king fit for a meal!

Timon: Who's the brains in this outfit? Pumbaa: Uh... Timon: My point exactly.

Pumbaa: Kid, what's eatin' ya? Timon: Nothing! He's at the top of the food chain!

And perhaps my all time favorite line .....

Mufasa: Don't turn your back on me, Scar! Scar: Oh, no, Mufasa. Perhaps you shouldn't turn your back on me. Mufasa: [shouts] Is that a challenge? Scar: Temper, temper. I wouldn't dream of challenging you. Zazu: Pity! Why not? Scar: Well, as far as brains go, I got the lion's share. But, when it comes to brute strength... I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool.

6 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

I LOVE Disney's The Lion King! I saw it in Israel when I was a teenager and I cried so much when Mufasa died... seems silly huh, lol. The comparison of this movie to Shakespeare's Hamlet has been made by many scholars. I think it is Disney's best and most meaningful animated movie. Thanks for these wonderful quotes, Idealist!

The most memorable part for me was when the adult Simba looks into the pool and see's his dad's reflection and then his father's ghost comes to remind him:

"You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the Circle of Life."

And the lesson I learn from even this?!?!? How many of us jews have forgotten who we are? Even though it is hard we must gather our strength and be the people we know we can be....

December 06, 2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I just saw the play..actually...

December 06, 2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

frumgirl,
I agree that was a very memorable moment in the movie, although I can think of a few others as well, but today I was posting on the lighter side and just went with a few quotes that amused me.

eshet,
I am glad that I was able to do that for you.
The soundtrack to the movie is great. Although I enjoy them all, my favorite song by far is "Be Prepared".
As much as I enjoy the music, I appreciate the dialogue even more. Only Disney has the ability to make a kids' movie not only palatable for adults, but actually enjoyable. The dialogue is clearly over the kids' heads. Which means it's obviously only in there for our (adult) benefit.

December 06, 2005 3:56 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

I liked that movie.When it came out I couldn't go to the movies so I saw a pirated version of really bad quality on VHS, and still it was very enjoyable.

December 07, 2005 5:01 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

"Only Disney has the ability to make a kids' movie not only palatable for adults, but actually enjoyable."

I think the muppets also managed to achieve that.

December 07, 2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

MUFASA MUFASA MUFASA!!!!!

December 12, 2005 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home