Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Simple Pleasures

I was given an assignment should I choose to accept it, that being to "name five simple pleasures that I like most, then pick people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use five things that someone else already has." I normally don't actually do these things, but I was warned that if I didn't I would be cursed and my children would be born with three heads, etc etc etc. Much appreciated Prag and LRH.
I haven't read too many peoples lists, so here goes and I hope I am not copying.

1. Lying in bed and snuggling with my daughter

2. Making a friend smile or laugh, especially when they are in a bad mood.

3. Receiving an unexpected phone call or e-mail from a good friend or relative.

4. Completing a difficult assignment, i.e. computer program (I was once a computer geek, no comment as to what I am now), or (let me try and sound frum) figuring out a nice pshat (see my previous post, "nature vs. nurture").

5A. Drinking hot chocolate in front of a fireplace on a cold wintery day.

5B. Putting on a warm article of clothing fresh out of the dryer.

I wonder if #5A and #5B are seasonal. In this weather, though, who can blame me.

I think all of my regular readers have already been tagged, but if you don't think you have been yet, now consider yourself tagged.

7 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

Yep, these simple pleasures in life are priceless. You are such a giving person, it is reflected in your choices of this assignment. Kudos to you! How I ENVY that!

December 14, 2005 4:17 PM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

All they have to do is put my name on their sidebar, or just ask nicely. :-)

December 14, 2005 5:01 PM  
Blogger smb said...

The cuddling one reminds me of my neices and when they use to sleep in their parents bed.

I know what you mean by completing a difficult assignment. It feels so good.

December 14, 2005 7:10 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I can truly relate to 3. That is one of best feelings. I also dabble a little in programming and if you work at a problem for hours..then figure it out...you feel like dancing.

December 14, 2005 11:00 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

Great list, very simple yet so real.

December 15, 2005 5:22 AM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

david, it's funny you should say that. I actually had that experience on Tuesday, and literally did a little dance. lol.
The child in me, what can I say.

December 15, 2005 9:19 AM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

Thank you too masmida

December 15, 2005 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home