Monday, May 01, 2006

If you can't beat 'em. join 'em - My MeMe (with pic)


Accent: Born in New York, but I don’t think I have a New York accent. I can speak hebrew with enough of an accent that I can pass for an Israeli.

Booze: Single Malt Scotch – Glenrothes, Wine – Moscato, otherwise the sweet mixed drinks. My favorite wedding drink is a Fuzzy Navel
(I think I just like the name).

Chore I Hate: It would be much easier to list the chores that I enjoy, that’s why they are called CHORES!!!

Dogs/Cats: As a kid, I had a cat and a dog for a few days (on different occasions).

Essential Electronics: blackberry, computer, blackberry, cell phone and did I mention my blackberry?

Favorite Perfume/Cologne: Don’t wear any. Cologne gives me headaches. I might have a favorite perfume, debating whether or not to post it.

Gold/Silver: $658.00/$14.01 per oz. (as of this morning)

Hometown: I reside in New York, but Jerusalem, Israel is my home.

Insomnia: for about five seconds TOPS.

Job Title: I’m a Somebody - when I got married, I was told that I finally became a somebody. Now when my wife says, “Will Somebody please take out the garbage, I know she means me.”

Kids: The pride and joy of my life. The essence of and reason for my being

Living Arrangements: I no longer live with my parents.

Most Admired Trait: Probably, my giving nature.

Number of sexual partners: define sexual partners… JUST KIDDING… SHEESH. With a name like Frum Idealist, what do you think???

Overnight Hospital Stays: I stayed with my daughter who was in the NICU after she was born. As a kid I also had tonsils out and a hernia operation. Warn your kids that it’s a dumb idea to try lifting the piano as a toddler.

Phobia: I am phobiaphobic. I’m afraid to admit what my phobias are. OK, fine, heights, but I’m working on it. Are you happy now????

Quote: “guess what?”
“Never do today what you can push off altogether.” - Ziggy

Religion: Jewish (FFB), I think. (did my blog name give it away?)

Siblings: those are brother(s) and sister(s), right?

Time I usually wake up: 6:00 AM EST. (plus 1+ hits of the snooze button)

Unusual Talent: Making people smile.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Can I pick two? Asparagus and Brussel Sprouts

Worst Habit: Overanalyzing and nit-picking.

X-Rays: I looooove MRIs. I’ve had a few. Put me in a dark tube, what do I do? Close my eyes and go to sleep (remember my answer for Insomnia?)

Yummy Foods I make: Cereal, Eggs, Tuna, do reservations count?
Then of course, there is my internationally acclaimed brisket.

Zodiac Sign: Cancer

I tag my most faithful reader and commenter, Frumgirl . What??? She’s already done it? And tagged me???
Hmmmmmmm, is there ANYBODY left to tag that hasn’t already done this?
Prag... how about it?

11 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

AFI, by far you win most entertaining A-Z Meme yet. I was seriously giggling all over the place. Your answers are witty and I had a great time reading this.

Sooo...

Are hieghts really your only phobia? How about identity-revealing, Mr. Mysterious (I mean ENIGMA).... Got you running?

Brisket, eh? Care to share the recipe?

May 01, 2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

hmmmmm, I have no problem revealing my identity. Under the right circumstances..... You first!

Oh, and thanks for the vote for most entertaining MeMe.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

May 01, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

Nah, I am far more mysterious than you are. I'm sure most commenters agree, lol.

May 01, 2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

hmmmmmmm, I think I may be more mysterious. It just seems like you are because you have so many more commenters and readers.

May 01, 2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger chaverah said...

guys, get a room :)

I do agree, VERY entertaining meme, LOL! BTW I vote frumidealist as more mysterious. This is because frumgirl writes about topics that reach deeper inside her head and heart. You, frum idealist, dont show as much emotion in your blogs.

May 01, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

Chaverah I could hug you for that... :-) thanks... I'd rather be less mysterious anyway... so HA HA to you, AFI, lol.

May 01, 2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger smb said...

AFI, your answers are hilarious.

May 01, 2006 5:31 PM  
Blogger the sabra said...

great job title

May 02, 2006 4:05 AM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

I bet you're wrong. I don't necessarily use cholov yisrael milk. ;-)

It's funny, my daughter turns to me this morning and tells me, "You make the best eggs". So I asked her, have you been reading my blog?? LOL. (ok, fine, so I didn't ask her that.)

Thanks one and all for the accolades. I'm glad it was entertaining.

May 02, 2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very hillarious, I also overanalyze. I wish I had started a count of all the memes so far. Join the club. Come see my meme and blog.

May 02, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

so you know how girls sometimes daydream about being married, cooking something delicious for their hubbies, and him saying, "wow, okee, this is amazingly scrumptious!"? No? Well, they do. I do. But in my little very kosher fantasy the food I make him is frosted flakes with 1% millk from Israel, served in a big white glass bowl and a medium sized spoon.

So I think I agree so far with everyone when I say- grrrreat answers!

May 03, 2006 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home