Monday, March 27, 2006

Oh Well.....

I had come up with a few original ideas for posts and lately, by the time I turned around and/or blinked, others had beaten me to the punch.

Last week, I had planned on posting regarding Gush Katif and the unfortunate settlers who were so horribly mistreated by our own government. As it turns out, Frumgirl . beat me to the punch with her post, Expelled Again! . I can't complain though, she did a great job on the post.
At this point, the best I can do is post the video from Neve Dekalim, which had to be one of the most moving videos I have ever seen.

For those of you that don't think that the settlers were mistreated, watch the video and feel their pain.



I don't want to detract from the video, but I just received an interesting e-mail with a way to help our brothers in Israel in a way that benefits us as well, Eat out and help our brothers .

3 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

AFI... everytime I see this I am reminded of what upsets me. It is very sad.... I don't know how anyone can watch this and not get tears in their eyes.

Wow this eating out and giving 10% of proceeds is amazing! But I must say... NY participants are disappointing.

Thanks for the link :-)

March 27, 2006 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the deathpangs of another ideology.
No government can tolerate thousands of people disobeying orders..
Tomorrow kadima will win and we'll see this again and again. Did you know that a small group of settlers went into R' Chaim Kanievsky after the Gaza expulsion and told him..we've been wrong all along, our messianic view of the state has been wrong we want to join you.
If R' Akiva cold admit that Bar Kochva was not Moshiach and he was wrong then the right wing camp can abd should do the same.

March 27, 2006 11:39 PM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

I know exactly how you feel frumgirl. It's always sad when there is such potential, and then watching it waste away. It borders on tragic.

March 29, 2006 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home