Thursday, May 18, 2006

Nickelback


When I heard my first Nickelback, single, "How You Remind Me", I really enjoyed it and thought to myself, here's a band that I can really get into. Unfortunately, they disappointed me. Although I do still enjoy their music, every song of theirs sounds pretty much the same to me. In fact, I discovered last night that somebody apparently already even blogged about it a few months back.
Yesterday, I discovered their latest video, Savin' Me .
(if you don't have QuickTime or have other issues with viewing this video, let me know, I may have other ways)
What can I say? I loved it. It's so brilliant and original and well thought out. I showed it to a few of my friends and family and felt I had to share it with my "blogfamily" as well.
A friend also directed me to an earlier video of theirs, Someday .
I thought this video was also very good and very well done, but the premise wasn't as original as the Savin' Me video.
It still bothers me that their songs sound the same, and there is one common theme between these two videos (which I won't share with you so as not to give it away), however, I really enjoyed the videos and wanted to share them with you.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

15 Comments:

Blogger anonym00kie said...

great videos, i really like nickelback. they do have a distinctive sound that you recognize from song to song, but he has this realness to his voice that i love.

May 19, 2006 1:35 AM  
Blogger chaverah said...

YES, i agree at the fact they sound very simular with all there songs. So at first its great music but then it starts to sound like the same thing. I didnt watch the video you linked yet but i wanted to say at the end of the day they are not my favorite band.

May 19, 2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger chaverah said...

ok just watched the video, WOW powerful. Ok i feel different about this song!

May 19, 2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Enjoy I doubt I would like the music. What style is it?

May 19, 2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

anonym - glad you liked them.

chaverah and lola - which one did you like better? did you notice that there are two? it looked like you were commenting only on one. which?

sw/fm - I'll be honest with you, I like the music but you may not. In this case, however, I think the videos speak for themselves. You can watch the videos with the sound off and still enjoy and appreciate them.

May 19, 2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger anonym00kie said...

lola, you totally read me :) he's amazing!

May 19, 2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I've always liked that Video..
It's refreshing to see a music video with some more substance than a bunch of booty gyrating at a dizzying pace around the screen...lol
As for the sexiness of the voice..perhaps..but that face ruins whatever sexiness there was..lol

May 19, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger KollelVeib said...

NEW BLOG!!!

http://www.lakewoodkollelwife.blogspot.com/

Check it out . . .

May 19, 2006 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviuosly you do not buy their cds as the songs that get picked up for the radio are the ones that sound a like. If you bought their cd's , The State, Curb, Silver Side Up , The Long Road and All The right reasons, you would see that their music is constantly changing. Not to mention their songs for the soundtracks, the Scorpion King and the Punisher do not sound like the main stream songs that are picked up on the radio.

May 19, 2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

I love Nickelback!!!!!!

May 20, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I am not surprised that I may not like the music.

May 20, 2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

I think Nickelback is a great band. I have said this before and I will say it again... their lead singer lacks the charisma needed. But the songs carry the band which proves how great they are as a team.

May 21, 2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger chaverah said...

Savin me

May 21, 2006 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vomit. I never liked Nickelback.

May 26, 2006 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

July 21, 2006 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home