Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Special Moments


OK, I decided to follow up my previous post with this one:

What special things do you try to do with your child(ren) or did your parent(s) do with you?
You know what I mean, the silly little things, that kids will probably remember forever.

For example, somebody once gave me the idea and I buy my kids Dunkin Donuts on Rosh Chodesh. It actually accomplishes more than one purpose. I once missed, and they were very quick to remind me that it was Rosh Chodesh. I didn't know they knew.

I make sure to tuck my daughter into bed almost every night, and say shma, and kiss her eyes. Occasional butterfly kisses are always fun.

One can never have too many ideas. I want to hear yours.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try to bentch my kids every friday night between shalom aleichem and eishes chail.

May 24, 2006 6:07 PM  
Blogger smb said...

I remember when I was a kid my mother read to me before I went to sleep. Also, I have seen my sister put her daughters to bed and say shema with them. I remember when they got to the part, v'ahavta es... my neice was jumping up and down on her bed. It was really cute.

May 24, 2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

Lots of "extra" kisses before my baby goes into bed!

May 25, 2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger Mata Hari said...

afi - it's wonderful that you recognize how precious this time is and that you take care to create memories. you're a good dad.

MH

May 26, 2006 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to get whip cream on my hand or straight into my mouth if I answered parsha questions correctly.

May 26, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

Well every purim we make hamantashen, I save them challah dough to make their own challahs, and I leave lipstick kisses on every note I write to them!

May 27, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Funny my daughter loves Dunkin Donuts. That is our special outing.

May 28, 2006 12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

July 21, 2006 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home