Monday, July 03, 2006

Time to Reflect - Post # 100

I was about to start typing up the next post in my numerology series, but then I realized that this is post #100 and decided to take a moment to reflect. Sorry, please tune in Wednesday (BE"H) for more on numerology.

I have (apparently) been posting for slightly over eight months now. I have "met" many new and interesting people online in blogworld. Some have definitely made the experience positive and most importantly, somewhat of an entertaining and educational process. There is one person/blogger though that I have gotten to know, perhaps more/better than any other, and for that, I am most appreciative. That blogger is...........

Interestingly, my first post ever was entitled Who Am I .
Yes, the blogger that I have come to learn the most about over this eight month journey is none other than myself.

I'd be curious to hear my readers thoughts as to who they think I am, and there is of course time for that in the comments section, however, for now I will let you know what I have discovered about myself.

I really have found myself to be an idealistically frum jew. I am true to my principles.
I don't post for other people's comments, although I definitely do enjoy them.
I don't post for other's expectations, but I hope I live up to them.
I don't post based on my "persona", although I hope my posts suit it.
I post based on what I feel.
I post based on what I want and choose to convey, to you as well as to and for myself.
Over the last eight months I have discovered that the messages that I most want to convey happen to be ones conveying a frum, positive image.

Am I perfect? NO. Not even close. Have I ever said that I was? I doubt it, and, if yes, only in SERIOUS jest. I am human, I have surely made mistakes just like everyone else. I am constantly looking to learn and grow in all aspects of my life. I believe that once you stop growing and learning, you stop living.
I am simply a man who lives in a working world. I am not a rabbi and I am not sitting in yeshiva. However, the part of me that appears to be the strongest is the one that yearns for education and growth in the area of torah and frumkeit. I am looking to continue to make myself the best person that I can be.
Considering the choices that I make and have made, it really makes me happy to see that that is the aspect of me that appears to be most at my essence.
As a child, we always want our parents to be proud of us, and although that is important, and I feel like mine are proud of me, what I think is most important, particularly after reviewing my posts, is that I am proud of myself.

Thanks for joining me on this journey and I hope to continue to grow and learn and share and improve for many posts, I mean years, to come. :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

Mazel tov on reaching number 100! I really enjoy your blog... the insights and divrei torah are phenomenal... keep it up for another 100 and much much more!

July 03, 2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger smb said...

Mazel tov. I agree about learning and growing. So true.

May you continue to make more great posts on your blog.

July 03, 2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very nice post congrats on post 100.

July 03, 2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger chaverah said...

100 huh? wow! Is that a milestone in the blog world?
Yes, you have shown us that you are TRULY a frum idealist. Your blog is definalty unique in your idealist views. When reading your blog it gives insight and a different view on life. I thank you for reaching your 100th post so all of us as readers can share in your knowlegde. This is my pure and honest truth.

July 03, 2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger Neil Harris said...

I can't believe you didn't give even one gematria that equals 100.
Great post. Your corner of the blogosphere is a happy one, thanks!

July 03, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

100!!!!!!
Amazing!!!!
You are true to yourself and true to your ideals and all this is reflected in this wonderful expression.
You are what you believe and you are a tremendous chizuk to all of us in Blogsville!!!!
Many Happy Returns!
Keep up the great work!

July 04, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Congratulations on your 100th Post..
Keep up the good work.

July 04, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

congrats on 100 posts, there's a folktale that many bloggers stop finding what to write about after 50 posts, glad you proved it wrong.

Being a faithful reader from the very beginning, my image of you changed throughout the months, though never in a negative way, it's just that at times you appeared very optimistic and at different times less so.
S which one are you closer to?

July 04, 2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

Thank you all for your very kind words and sentiments.

prag - for the most part I am an optimist, however, I am also human, and suffer from some low moments every now and then. I don't think I get pessimistic at those times, but definitely not my normal cheerful self. :-)

Thanks for joining me for the ride for as long as you have.

July 04, 2006 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TEN!

July 07, 2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home