Monday, December 19, 2005

Guilt

I wish someone could explain guilt to me. I am not talking about having committed a crime or a sin, and then feeling guilty. I am talking about work related guilt.
A friend of mine made a Bar Mitzvah recently and was at work the day before the Bar Mitzvah because he "felt guilty" not coming in to work. Shouldn't he have felt guilty not being home helping his wife? Is it just me or are people's priorities totally warped. There are so many people that don't take the full alotment of their vacation time because they feel guilty. I don't understand that "logic". It's like your boss telling you that your salary is X and you saying, nah, I feel guilty, give me less. has THAT ever happened?

All I know is, nobody on their deathbed, ever said "I wish I had spent more time at the office"

Help me understand.

1 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

Beats me. Why don't you ask the person you overheard talking that way.... I never felt guilty taking a day off... it's to be expected.

Oh no , EC, you have a cold too?

December 19, 2005 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home