Tuesday, December 27, 2005

What are Yeshivas teaching our children?

Friday night at the shabbos table, after some delicious food and zemiros, it was time for parsha and with it, torah trivia. I asked what I thought was a simple question, but I knew based on what and how schools teach these days, that nobody would get the answer right, and if they did it would definitely take some time. So here's the question..... What are the names of Yehuda's two fathers-in-law?
I am not referring to the medrash that the shevatim married their sisters.
If you do, that would make three fathers-in-law for Yehuda.
What's the answer and why don't more people know the answers quicker?

Out of respect to those trying to guess, please post comments here but e-mail me the answer if you think you have it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pragmatician said...

I would have no idea, I'd only knwo if I'd look it up!

December 28, 2005 5:29 AM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

You got me. I would have to look this up but I am just too lazy... so I will let you tell me, F.I. It is wierd that this isn't included in 'yedios klalios'. Maybe we don't remember/memorize this because it is insignificant.... One thing is for sure, men definately don't learn this stuff. Just a thought.

December 28, 2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

Oh, so if not for my comment you wouldn't have known that one?

December 28, 2005 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home