Thursday, January 12, 2006

Procrastination


OK, fine, it's about time. I admit it. I'm a procrastinator. I don't know or understand why. It's just the way I am and the way I've always been. I wait with everything till the last minute. When I travel, either business or pleasure I will inevitably pack at 2 AM the night before the flight. Yes I am usually late when I go places as well.
Why do I do that? Why do I always wait so long?
You want to know why? Because I get away with it. I always (B"H, Bli Ayin Hara, etc etc etc) pull it off, sometimes even with flair. I just recently had a situation at work with this became very evident to me. I also think I enjoy the adrenaline rush. The problem is, I am starting to see the same traits in my child, but I don't know if my child will always be able to pull things off as well. :-(


P.S. I meant to post this ages ago........ ;-)

8 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

we must be twins separated at birth. I also procrastinate and work best under pressure. Something about the time constraint gets that extra oomph coming out of me....

January 12, 2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

Nice thought, but if we were twins, I think I would know it. Then again, maybe it would explain that vibe that we were discussing the other day.
You do seem to totally "get it" though. It's funny, because my boss TOTALLY cannot relate. He's often told me so.

January 12, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I'm exactly the same way.
I don't think I've ever been on time to anything in my life..

January 12, 2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

It’s probably a good idea to try and teach him to be a little more organized
Even if he inherited the-getting-away-with-it gene from you, it’s a valuable quality in life nevertheless.
Of course who am I to talk, I don’t know where I’ll go till the next day let alone pack.

January 13, 2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

see, nobody? that's what I meant earlier when I was talking about my boss. The population can be divided into procrastinators and nons and the nons cannot comprehend us and we drive them CRAZY.
btw, my boss thanked me for yesterday. lol.

January 13, 2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

Thanks, nobody. I had missed it before. It is greatly appreciated.
I'd be happy to do the same on your blog.

January 13, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Captain said...

I like the way you ended this post.

January 16, 2006 2:00 AM  
Blogger Mata Hari said...

I'm guilty of the same. I think it's like you said - if we've gotten away with it before in life (and I have...in school and with other deadlines) and if it's something you're not all that interested in doing - you'll procrastinate. I consciously try to work on this trait.

January 17, 2006 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home